Baird Delivers Great Outcome to Leading Industrial IoT Solution Provider
Connecting Our Technology Expertise with Our Strong Industrial Relationships Enables Baird to Deliver Superior Results for Our Clients
Baird’s unique team-driven approach allowed us to combine our strong industrial heritage and buyer relationships with our expertise in IoT (Internet of Things) technology and software to deliver multiple options from strategic and financial buyers to Telular and its owner, Avista Capital Partners.
On November 1, 2018, AMETEK, Inc. announced its acquisition of Telular from Avista Capital Partners for $525 million.
- Telular: With over 30 years of history, Telular is a true pioneer, providing industry-leading industrial IoT solutions for commercial telematics and wireless security applications through two business segments:
Commercial Telematics Solutions
- Fleet Telematics
- Tank Monitoring & Logistics
Wireless Security Solutions
- Residential Security & Home Automation
- Commercial Security & Fire
- AMETEK: Is a leading global manufacturer of electronic and electromechanical products, with 17,000 employees working at 150 operational facilities in 30 countries around the world.
Role of Baird’s Global Investment Banking Team
As the industrial and technology sectors continue to converge, Baird leveraged our cross-sector teamwork approach to access and deliver multiple suitors from both arenas. We were able to combine our strong relationships and expertise across the industrial, IoT and software sectors – and drive a competitive process to find the best buyer for Telular.
To deliver this result, Baird’s investment banking professionals contacted a broad group of strategic and financial buyers across the industrial, technology, software and IoT sectors. From this group, we efficiently narrowed the field and brought Telular multiple compelling options from industrial, technology and financial buyers.
Contact our team to discuss this transaction, the current conditions in the M&A market, or our expertise in both the Industrial and Technology sectors.
Managing Director – Industrial
Director – Technology & Services